Disclaimer: This is the SOP Guidelines for the State of Karnataka. Please refer to the SOP guidelines for your State.
The persons who have tested COVID-19 positive shall be permitted to be in home isolation/home care” with the following conditions:
1. Only those who are asymptomatic or mild symptomatic shall be allowed to be in home isolation/home care.
2. They shall be oriented tothe protocolof home isolation/home care.
3. The health team from district health authority/ BBMP/ authorised private institution/agency shall visit the house and assess the suitability of house for home isolation and also do medical triage of the person. Alternatively, telephonic medical triage shall be done through an empanelled agency.
4. Dedicated tele-monitoring link shall be established for daily follow-up of the person during the entire period of home isolation/home care.
5. The person shall report to the health staff/medical officer/physician about their health status every day.
6. The person shall have pulse oximeter, digital thermometer, blood pressure apparatus (preferable), glucometer (preferable),facemasks, gloves, sanitizer, etc. to be used during home isolation/home care.
7. The release of the person from home isolation/home care shall be as per the existing discharge protocol of the state for COVID-19 (vide below sl. no.11).
8. The home isolation/home care shall be with the knowledge of the family members, neighbours, treating physician and local health authorities.